We start the first in our holiday series of Kitchen Angel Approved Recipes with Coconut Macaroons! The Hospice Georgian Triangle Kitchen Angels provide delicious and nutritious meals everyday at Campbell House.
These macaroons can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. They can be frozen for up to 3 months (let them come to room temperature for about an hour before eating) – great to make ahead for the holidays!
|Makes: 24 – 30|
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes per dozen
– 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 5 cups sweetened flaked coconut
– Pinch of salt
– 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, coconut & salt. Add the condensed milk and vanilla and combine with your hands.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop (or tablespoon measuring spoon), drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets (at least 1” apart). The macaroons should be golf ball sized.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 12-15 minutes until coconut is toasted.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then cool completely on a rack.
*You can dip the bottoms of the macaroons in chocolate if desired! To do so, melt 4oz good quality semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Dip the bottom of the cooled macaroon in the chocolate and place back on the parchment paper covered cookie sheets. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes until the chocolate is set. If freezing the macaroons, add chocolate after they are thawed (not before you freeze them).