Put the FUN in fundraising!
Welcome to Compassion in Action, the fundraising platform that enables both individuals and organizations to support Hospice Georgian Triangle.
We believe in the power of compassion to make a positive impact on people's lives, especially during their end-of-life journey.
By creating a fundraiser, you can help ensure that Hospice Georgian Triangle can continue to provide compassionate care to patients and their families.
Whether you're an organization looking to give back to the community or an individual seeking to make a difference, we invite you to join us in supporting this vital cause. Let's make compassion in action a reality!
Compassion in Action fundraisers
Compassion in Action is the fundraising program that YOU can get involved in!
Hosting a fundraiser to support Hospice Georgian Triangle can be both fun and easy, whether you're an organization or an individual.
You can create a fundraising event that is tailored to your interests, such as a virtual trivia night, a bake sale, a walkathon, or a charity auction.
By bringing your community together in support of Hospice Georgian Triangle, you can make a difference in the lives of patients and their families. Get creative and let's show Compassion in Action!
Fundraise as an organization
Looking for a way for your company/organization to give back to the community? Create a fundraiser to support Hospice Georgian Triangle!
From organizing a charity auction, to hosting a golf tournament, to a virtual gala, the possibilities are endless.
Join us in showing compassion in action today.
Current and Previous Organization Fundraisers
Fundraise as an individual or team
Make a meaningful impact on the lives of patients and families in need by creating a fundraiser as an individual or team to support Hospice Georgian Triangle!
Whether you're hosting a virtual trivia night, a bake sale, or a walkathon, every donation helps us provide compassionate end-of-life care.
Get creative and have fun while making a difference in your community. Join us today and let's show compassion in action!
Current and Previous Individual Fundraisers
- Garage sale
- Dave & Gail Gibbons' trivia night
- Collingwood Quilting Club
- Birdseed drive
Need an idea?
Wondering what you can do to fundraise? Here's some great ideas!
- Host a virtual trivia night and charge a participation fee.
- Bake and sell your favorite treats.
- Offer to pet-sit, house-sit, or babysit for a donation.
- Sell handmade crafts or goods online.
- Create a JustGiving campaign and share it on social media.
- Organize a virtual fitness class and charge a participation fee.
- Sell unused clothes or household items on a second-hand marketplace and donate the proceeds.
- Host a book club or movie night and charge an admission fee.
- Ask for donations instead of gifts for a birthday or special occasion.
- Offer to provide a service, such as yard work or cleaning, in exchange for a donation.
- Host a virtual silent auction with donated items from friends, family, and local businesses.
- Organize a charity run or walkathon and ask for sponsorships.
- Create and sell art, such as paintings or photography prints, and donate a portion of the sales.
- Host a virtual cooking class and charge a participation fee.
- Create and sell a custom product, such as a t-shirt or mug, and donate a portion of the sales.
How it works
How do you fundraise? It's easier than you think!
If you have a fundraising idea, here's a few steps to get you started. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us for more info!
Decide on the type of fundraiser that best suits your skills and resources. This could be a physical event (like a charity run, auction, or bake sale), a virtual event (such as an online auction or crowdfunding campaign), or a combination of both
Success comes when your planning meets the right opportunity! Plan for success by figuring out some of the details. Think about things like how many people will attend, what will it cost to produce & promote the fundraiser, the break-even point and how much funds you want to raise.
You may want to use a platform like Just Giving to manage donations. Learn more here.
Get the word out!
Reach out to your network of friends, family, and colleagues, and ask them to spread the word as well.
Engage with local businesses or influencers to help boost your fundraiser's visibility.
Once you've built momentum, focus on executing the event or campaign smoothly and professionally, ensuring that participants have a positive experience and feel compelled to donate.