Ways to Volunteer
We rely on volunteers at Hospice Georgian Triangle, gifting hundreds of hours of service every month. We provide orientation and training so you don’t have to have a medical background or previous experience.
What activities can volunteers do?
- In-home visiting
- Caregiver support/respite
- Peer-to-peer bereavement support
- Co-facilitation of support groups
- Lead teams of volunteers
- Conduct/assist at speaking engagements
- Sit on our Hospice Georgian Triangle Board and Hospice Georgian Triangle Foundation Board and other essential committees
- Assist the Hospice Georgian Triangle Foundation with fundraising and special events
- Non-medical support for people with life-limiting health conditions and their families in Campbell House
- Kitchen and reception duties in Campbell House
- Reception duties at our downtown office: 186 Hurontario St, unit 103, Collingwood, ON
- General administrative support
- Maintenance and gardening
Process of becoming a volunteer
Volunteers complete an application form, are interviewed by our Volunteer Lead, have references checked, undergo a Vulnerable Sector Check and Palliative Care Training before volunteers are placed in contact with those in our care. Volunteers are key members of our interdisciplinary team and they provide us with support in a variety of roles. If you have any questions about volunteering with Hospice Georgian Triangle, please feel free to reach out to our Volunteer Lead Helen today.
Completed forms can be dropped off / mailed to Campbell House, or can be scanned and emailed to Helen Russell.
Volunteer Lead, Hospice Georgian Triangle
705-444-2555 ext. 7526
Any other questions? Reach out for more information by filling in the following form: